Hey there. It’s nice to have you here again with me. If this is your first time here, I’m super glad to have you. Today, we’ll discuss Muay Thai gloves, specifically the best Muay Thai gloves you can get for less than 50$.
Whether you’re a newbie or a professional, gloves are essential in your Muay Thai journey. Not only do they offer protection to yourself and from your partner, but gloves also provide so much comfort and let you enjoy your sport. Soon, we’ll briefly touch on the importance of your Muay Thai gloves.
By reading this article, you will find out the best muay Thai gloves you can get for an affordable price. There are muay Thai gloves under 50$ and will meet all your requirements or demands, whether you are looking for maximum support or something else.
In a hurry?
If you don’t have much time check the table below to quickly find the best Muay Thai gloves under 50$ for you on Amazon. You can be assured I only choose the best products…
Last update on 2022-06-14
Why Do I Need Muay Thai Gloves?
As mentioned earlier, gloves are one of your essential needs, whether you’re new to this sport or a seasoned professional. The following are some of the benefits you stand to gain from using your gloves during practice.
- Support to the wrist: During training, your gloves support your wrists. Wrist support is crucial as it helps you perform even more excellently during practice. It’s also essential that you get the right muay Thai gloves, a wrong one can cause more damage to your wrist.
- Protection for you: Your gloves protect your wrists, palm, fingers, etc. Muay Thai is a very active sport, almost all parts of your body are involved in this sporting activity, and this is why it’s important to always keep yourself safe during practice or training.
- Protection for your partner: Your gloves indeed keep you from getting injured. However, they not only serve to protect you but your sparring partner as well. Your gloves reduce your chances of hurting them during practice.
Things to Consider when Buying Muay Thai Gloves
There are some things you should consider when deciding on which muay Thai gloves to purchase. The aim is not to buy any random glove that’s available. Instead, you want the best and most perfectly-suited one.
- Affordability: You don’t have to break the bank to get the best in the market. You can get a couple of affordable and quality ones that will last for a while. Although most of the gloves under $50 are made from synthetic leather yet, some of them are durable and comfortable. Some of these do not even feel like they are made from synthetic leather.
- Size: Muay Thai gloves are measured in oz (ounces). They’re typically from 4 to 18 oz. The heavier the gloves are, the thicker the padding and the better comfort or protection you get. The bigger you are, the more oz you need.16 oz should work just fine. However, if you are lighter than average, you could consider getting between 10 and 14 oz.
- Leather construction: This is one factor that should not be negotiated. Whether you’re a newbie or a seasoned professional, you should get gloves with premium leather. They last longer, so you don’t have to purchase new ones each season. If at all, you’re getting gloves with synthetic leather, they feel comfortable and allow you to be at your best.
- Foam padding: The padding on the gloves should be intact. When the padding is thinned out, you may not get the needed level of protection. Multi-layered foam padding will better stand the test of time. After all, you will be hitting some tough pads and even heavy bags.
- Adequate wrist support: You want to get comfortable Muay Thai gloves. They should provide support to your wrist, fingers, and hands. Your gloves should not be too tight, and they should leave some space for your hands and wrist to breathe and move freely.
|Body Weight (LBS)||Body Weight (KG)||Gloves Size (OZ)|
|100lbs & below||45kg & below||8oz – 10oz|
|101lbs – 120lbs||46 – 54kg||10oz – 12oz|
|121lbs – 150lbs||55 – 68kg||12oz – 14oz|
|151lbs – 180lbs||69 – 82kg||14oz – 16oz|
|181lbs & above||83kg & above||16oz|
Product Review: Best Muay Thai Gloves Under 50$
Now that we have reviewed the importance of having your Muay Thai gloves and how to choose the best fit for you, let’s get down to discussing some of the best gloves you can get for less than $50.
I’ve tried out a couple of these myself, so I’ll provide you with all the necessary information about them, including their pros and cons.
If you’ve been doing Muay Thai for a while, you will understand that some gloves come in synthetic but pretty good leather. Liberlupus is one of them. The leather is strong and able to withstand all the wear and tear. One of the selling points for Liberlupus Boxing Gloves is their durability.
The padding is also designed to provide maximum comfort for you during practice, and this is one of the many reasons I love it. It comes in a thick 10 mm EVA first padding; that minimizes the shock and impact felt.
The Liberlupus Boxing gloves are pretty comfortable and flexible. They give your hands some breathing space, which is suitable for airflow. You don’t want to be dealing with sweating and smelly gloves, honestly.
I had my doubts about this pair. However, after many months of use, I can boldly say that these are not only good for boxing but also perfect for Muay Thai. The selling points of these gloves are the protection and fit. They come with adequate padding that ensures maximum safety for you and your partner.
They are also pretty comfortable to use. The gloves come with a large velcro enclosure with an elastic that can be adjusted to fit and support perfectly.
Another good part of these gloves is that the interior has a breathable mesh. This provides enough airflow to your hands and makes you worry less about sweaty and smelly hands.
Available in sizes 8 to 16, this pair offers some fantastic features. One of the major selling points is the multi-layered foam padding that provides adequate shock absorption and impact resistance. This ensures that you and your partner are protected.
The Trideer Pro Grade gloves ensure excellent durability despite being made from synthetic leather. They don’t even feel cheap compared to some other synthetic leather gloves.
For comfort, I’ll highly recommend these gloves. They come with mesh in the interior that supports adequate airflow. I bet you wouldn’t want to end up with sweaty and smelly hands anyway.
This is another one that should be on your list if you are looking for quality Muay Thai gloves for less than $50. The selling point of this glove is its durability. The leather is strong and the seams are designed to withstand the impact.
As they should, these gloves protect your wrists from getting hurt. They are also exceptionally breathable, leaving your hands with enough room to breathe. This also makes you worry less about dealing with smelly and sweaty palms.
5. RDX Gloves
Now, a huge selling point for these gloves is their versatility. They can be used for your boxing training and your Muay Thai training. They are designed to hold against wear and tear for the longest time possible. After all, you do not want to order a new pair of gloves every week.
Apart from the affordability, the spacing and alignment for your thumb and palm area help to improve your punches. They enable you to use your fist well without any struggle, which is really important for your Muay Thai punches.
Like the other mentioned gloves, these also offer maximum protection for you and your partner.
Finally, now that you know the importance of having the right gloves and some of the factors you need to consider when purchasing a new pair of gloves, I believe you will make the right decision. Till I come your way, stay safe and enjoy your training.