Hi there. Good to have you here again. We’ll be discussing something fascinating today – Muay Thai heavy bag hangers. So you’ve decided to set up your own Muay Thai gym at home. Fantastic. The heavy bag hangers are great for helping you practice your skills.
Before we proceed, let me make a bit of clarification here. Bag hangers are different from bag stands. The difference between the two is that bag hangers are mounted to the walls or ceilings. You get to mount your Muay Thai heavy bags to the wall with the hangers.
Bag hangers are more complex to install compared to bag stands. You might need to do some drilling in your house to install a muay Thai heavy bag. If you’re looking to learn more about bag stands, check here.
By reading this article, you’ll find out the top 5 Muay Thai heavy bag hangers you should get and why you should pick them above others.
In a hurry?
If you don’t have much time check the table below to quickly find the best Muay Thai heavy bag hangers for you on Amazon. You can be assured I only choose the best products…
Last update on 2023-03-20
Why Do I Need a Muay Thai Heavy Bag Hanger?
- Practice: For obvious reasons, having a heavy bag hanger helps you practice hard and improve your skills.
- Space: Compared to heavy bag stands, hangers take up less space. They only take a small portion of your ceiling or wall.
- Efficiency: When installed correctly, bag hangers hold your heavy bags in place without fear of them falling over.
Things to Consider When Buying a Muay Thai Heavy Bag Hanger
- Efficiency: The first question you should ask is how efficient the bag hanger is. Can it withstand the weight of the heavy bag? I mean, you wouldn’t want it to come falling after just taking a swing at it.
- Installation: Now, this is another you want to consider when getting those bag hangers. How easy are they to install? Is it something you can install all by yourself, or do you have to spend more money paying for the services of a professional?
- Price: You shouldn’t break the bank because you’re trying to get a Muay Thai bag hanger. They should be affordable, and even though this can be relative from one person to another, they should tally with your budget.
- Noise: To be honest, you don’t want to disturb the peace of everyone in your home because you have some practice. That should be unfair to your neighbors. If you’re looking for muay Thai heavy bag hangers that make minimal noises, you should pick the ones that come with straps instead of chains. Naturally, chains will produce noise when they are hit.
- Minimal vibration: Imagine your neighbor having some practice and you can feel the foundations or ceilings of your house vibrating. Yeah, I’m sure you imagined that scenario. The bottom line is that you should get a bag hanger that causes less vibration. The quiet will help you too.
Product Review: Top 5 Muay Thai Heavy Bag Hangers
Now that you know the differences between muay Thai heavy bag hangers and stands, especially why you need to have one, it’s now time to get one for yourself. Together, we’ll put all of the considerations I have listed earlier and pick out the top 5 muay Thai heavy bag hangers.
These are my recommendations, mostly from my experiences with each of these products. I’ll be taking you through their features, good and bad sides.
1. Meister Heavy Bag Hanger
Now, this is one fantastic product that I enjoyed using so much. The selling point of the Meister heavy bag hanger is how easy it is to install. You can do it all on your own. It’s super easy to attach and detach; another great part? It fits almost all kinds of surfaces – ceiling joists, rafters, metal racks, you name it.
Another amazing factor about it is that it can support more than 500 pounds, which means you don’t have to worry about handling the weight of your heavy bags.
The strap is 80 inches long, but this is adjustable to suit your preferences, so you can decide how high or low it is. Also, it comes with a strap instead of a chain, reducing the amount of noise produced when in use. The straps are great, especially for your ceilings.
This heavy bag hanger is also multifunctional. They can be used for your Muay Thai, boxing, and mixed martial arts practices.
2. Outslayer Universal Heavy Bag Hanger
Again, one of the fantastic about this product is how easy it is to install it. Sorry, I’m huge on DIYs, so I pay attention to how easy it is to install the products I buy. It comes with a hook and loop strap that makes it easy to attach and detach at any time. You don’t have to nail or screw anything to the wall; there’s enough Velcro.
Also, it can support the weight of almost all heavy punching bags. The strap can take on a weight of over 500 pounds. The straps are also fully adjustable, so you can decide how high or low you want them to be.
3. Firstlaw Fitness Spider Mount 140
Now, this is another heavy bag hanger that you should check out. One of the selling factors of this product is that reduces the amount of noise and vibration. Unlike most hangers with chains, this spider mount does not make any noise.
You can practice as early as you want to without getting bothered about disturbing your neighbors. It can withstand the impact of heavy punches, and that’s good. These two were the first things I noticed about this product, and why I’m recommending them.
Also, they offer a full refund if you are not satisfied with your purchase, so there’s no harm in trying it out. This spider mount 140, as the name implies, holds heavy bags up to 140 pounds. If you’re looking to hold bags that weigh more, you can consider getting other spider mounts. For instance, the spider mount 200 holds up to 200 pounds.
The Firstlaw fitness spider mount makes your home training more fun. You get to practice all you want without the fear of you bringing down the house.
4. Qualward Heavy Bag Hanger
This is another hanger that I enjoyed using and would recommend to you. One of its selling points is how much weight it can support – up to 1000 lbs. That’s a lot.
Another good news is that it’s easy to install. You don’t need to drill holes or anything complex. Everything you need to install comes with the hanger.
The noise is also minimal as it does not make all of those disturbing noises when you typically use a bag hanger. Another fantastic thing about it is that it does not take up much space. You only need a small space to set it up in your home gym or any corner.
One detail about this heavy bag hanger that might seem small but is very important is that it comes with an enamel powder coating that makes it suitable for use in different weather or seasons.
This hanger can be used for other things than your Muay Thai heavy bags. You can use it to hold your hammock chair, gymnastic ring, swing seat, or boxing bag.
One issue I had with this hanger was that there was no guide on installing it. I had to trust my gut and use the amazon images to guide me through the process. Also, while I did not experience this personally, some people complained of getting mismatched parts in their order. Nonetheless, I still think it’s a great product that you should check out.
5. Eapele Heavy Bag Hanger
Last but not least is the Eapele heavy bag hanger. The selling point of this hanger is that it is perfect for wood beams. Nonetheless, you can mount it on your concrete ceilings also, as long as you can drill some holes. This hanger is easy to install; the installation can be done in just twenty minutes.
This hanger can support your heavy bags up to 1000lbs. It is also quite durable as it is made of high-grade stainless steel. The rotation suspension hooks are designed to make your heavy bags more stable when you’re hitting them; they also minimize the noise and cause the bags to swivel silently.
I hope you learned something today – the differences between Muay Thai heavy bag hangers and the stands, why you need the bag hangers, and what you need to consider before buying them. With this knowledge, I’m confident in the choices you’ll make.
The ones listed can also help if you’re looking for specific bag hangers to purchase. Till I come your way again next time, stay safe and have fun practicing.
Last Updated on August 6, 2022 by Deni